Wednesday, October 29, 2008

You might be wondering why I chose this topic.

Briefing: Why Freedmen Descendants without an Indian Ancestor Listed on the Base Rolls Are Not Eligible for Citizenship in the Cherokee Nation.

First, I would like to tell you a little about myself, I'm a African-American/Cherokee Indian. If you still haven't figured out why I have chosen this topic, then maybe saying that I have Cherokee and Freedmen(African-American Salve) ancestry will help you see it more clearly. Who's side do I take in this situation?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Missouri, via John B.

Internal structure and legal system of the various Native nations is something that has always interested me. Unfortunately, because we have no Nations in Missouri, I have not had occasion to become versed in the topic, even though I'm an attorney. I look forward to your thoughts and arguments.

Cheers.